Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A little boy!




He wants to play and play and play and play....... for once we might think what will the little boy be without cricket, but it will be other way round "what will cricket be without a little boy"? I think, I THINK – God was in extremely gracious mood when the little boy was sent to earth, the boy has been blessed with every possible fortune and yet grounded to the roots forever!

It was around 5:30 when Kantu ;) called me and told me about the world record which was made, the previous record of 194 was broken! then Rushe my brother pinged up and constantly gave me updates it was at 5:54 PM when the little boy made the history - became first person under the sun to make double century in one day cricket!!!

For once when I was checking live score (thanks to my interest from work which is fading up day by day) I was hoping guy who was at striker's end to take a single and and refrain from big hits!

Today, the little boy derailed railway budget, compliments were flowing from all corners, be it Indian cricket fans, celebrities, x-players or custurd (actually bast'd ;) politician, all were sending msg's be it through the news or on twitter... yet one compliment which struck me, was from little boys idol (Gavaskar)- the original little master himself said - "Would like to touch his feet" - its a rarest thing to ever hear from any individuals idol, (the other side is it takes special efforts and consistency in commitment to reach at this level)

I wonder what his coach the veteran Achrekar would be thinking?

It's just that few things which I would like to see..... Honestly I am not concerned about winning - in a game anyways someone will win and some will loose but everytime when this little boy goes out, I wish

http://siddharthpendse.blogspot.com/2010/01/ise-bacche-pee-allah-ke-den-hai.html

Thanks for giving me and billions of middle class indians, yet another reason to smile :)

3 comments:

  1. TENDLYA IS THE RAVI MAHARAJ OF CRICKET!! HIS CRITICS NOW HAVE NEITHER WORDS NOR BALLS TO BELITTLE THE LIL MASTER!!!

    WHEN SACHIN BATS THE GODS SMILE....OLD JUNGLE SAYIN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Sanju shet! May be because God knows only he can bat better than sachin! :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AS LONGA S GOD IS BATTING FOR MY SIDE I HAVE NO PROBLEM....THEN LET THE OPPOSTION TEAM HAVE FAST BOWLER RAHU OR OFF BREAK KETU ...OR DEADLY SLOW, BOWLER SHANI...I KNOW AS LONG AS RAVI MAHARAJ IS CAPTAIN OF MY TEAM AND GURUDEV DEADLY DUTT + SUNJAY DUTT ARE VICE CAPTIANS...I WILL WIN THE WORLD CUP !!

    ReplyDelete