Saturday, December 3, 2011

Like Mumbai unlike Shanghai Like Delhi unlike Beijing.

Too much of Democracy is stopping India's growth! - Mahathir Former Malaysian PM

Then when I was in courtship she always said "a day will come when Mumbai will be another Shanghai" More often than not I laughed at that idiotic statement!

How in the world the city with so much of disparity, crimes, terror, mayhem would be the most sought after place in the world?

But yesterday when I heard Mahathir's submission about India's political environment where he indirectly pointed to the Indian democracy and its disadvantages I was in trap!

If only India was an autocratic nation




Mumbai could have easily been Shanghai and subsequently Delhi another Beijing!

But sir, I don't want to be in Shanghai or Beijing.

I don't want our army to kill me, my girlfriend, my friends, the Indian when we protest against our own government!



I don't want to see small houses being brought to ground zero by the bulldozers overnight to show the world how clean our city is around the Stadium!

I don't want to see my kids being ruled and ruined for their career by anyone else!
I know today we are a corrupt nation, but I also know someday with likes of honest people around the tides are bound to change.


I am certainly not all for INDIA but,

I don't want to be afraid about whether the Government is reading this blog!
I want to go and sleep in peace!
This is my prayer - "I want FREEDOM!"

No comments:

Post a Comment