Saturday, December 29, 2012

RIP - Tony Greig.


He was born in South Africa, he represented England, Captained the side.He lived in Australia and
Boy....... was a diehard fan of Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar, it was a picture which I had seen in year 2000 where there was Bat hung on the back wall of his office table, the bat had MRF logo.


My first introduction to this commentator came in year 1998 during Sharjah Cup and since then I was a diehard fan of Tony Greig..

The words which he used were spot on! The pace at which he delivered the message was exemplary!

Today we have the likes of SG, Shastri, Ian Chappel, Richie Benaud and Company but the real master who showed the meaning of PUNCH, who showed us the meaning of RUN TIME COMMENTARY was none other than you Mr. Tony G.

RIP - Tony Greig - for me you were the best commentator, for me such lively commentary will never take place again!



Listen in to one of this commentary.....




 Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment