Sunday, February 25, 2018

When God took away his ‘Goddess’


Truth be told – My first memory of Sridevi came in 90s. It was that song which made her darling of Nation… ‘Kate Nahe Kate Yee’ from Mr. India.

Those curves, that round shape ass, dance moves and flawless skin oh God… I’m sure it is fresh in minds of w/men to date. 

Those were the expression of school going kid BTW.

As I grew and watched some other movies of Sridevi I realized one thing it wasn’t about the physical appearance all the time. It was about the performance be it through dancing or acting –

While dancing her eyes spoke volumes and through act she moved viewers psyche to the core….

Who can forget the last scene of Sadma when she becomes oblivion to past…
I have cried many a times seeing the last scene but, also have felt like slapping the shit out of her. And that for me was the “PERFORMACE”


She was actor par excellence.…                              

Born Leo in 1963, - 2018 wasn’t a time to leave… they say it is untimely death.

Well to each his own…. But, for me it was the God who unleashed his arrogance on mere mortals and took back his Goddess…



RIP – and yes Mam it’s not you saying “I” but, we will love you - forever!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment